Monday, February 8, 2016

Oh hey, 2016.

Last year was the year of highs and lows. I won't get into details because that's not the purpose of my blogging intentions. However, just know that there couldn't have been more lower points and higher times. God couldn't have been more evident in most of the moves our lives took. It's strange to not be able to put a title on last year like it was a "bad" year or a "good" year. When it comes to time frames, I like to be definitive about my insight. I don't like grey area so I can come to terms with the good and the bad. I can't for 2015. Period. There was so much grey because of the extremes of the year. 

And then came 2016. I cannot believe it's here and last year is over. There is a sigh of relief around our home and a little excitement on what's to come this year. Fresh starts are so nerve-wracking and refreshing all wrapped up with a bow. I don't like surprises unless I know about them. And I only like good surprises. The planner in me knows that my plans for this year are not my own. They lie in the hands of the Father and I'm well-aware at this point, they sometimes don't match. With all of that knowledge...bring on 2016. 

On another and related note, I have a friend, Jarvis, who is one of those people with good ideas. We click because we both like to go after what we want and we get it done. Anyway, she told me she was doing a vision board for this upcoming year and I was feeling inspired. I'm never good with goals that are written down for some reason. I make them in my head and let ambition lead the way on fulfilling those goals. This year I wanted to put them in a visible spot for all to see. They are vague and not particularly measurable. Any time I've taught how to write goals in my classroom when I was a teacher, I told them to write them with a time frame, making goals attainable and measurable. My time frame is a year and I think they're all attainable. :)

So go out and get a poster board and make it something you want to look at for the upcoming year. Here's mine:

They are the typical goals and I couldn't be more basic, but they work for me and where I am in my life. Goals are customizable and made to fit the life they are going to fit into. Go write yours! 

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!! I am so going to make one for my year and put it in my closet to see everyday. Thanks for sharing!! Miss you Mon!! Loved seeing your recent blog posts.

    ReplyDelete